Monday, April 7, 2014

The Results Are In...

A while back, I decided that I needed some kind of log of my dvd and bluray collection. I decided this when I bought multiple copies of a couple of movies, not realizing I already had them. I blame this entirely on hitting pawn shops as the like, where I end up going home with 20 dvds for $15 and such as that. When you get 20 movies at one time, then head back for another round a few days later, at my age, you tend to forget exactly what all you picked up.

So a good friend of mine turned me on to a free Movie Collection app, and since then, I've periodically taken a letter or two of the alphabet and catalogued my collection. I realize mine isn't as impressive as some others, particularly those lucky enough to receive screeners through the mail, but I thought I'd post the results for those interested in that kind of thing. I'm a bit of a sucker for stats and the like, which is part of why I love sports so much, I suppose. Anyway, here's the breakdown...



Total of 911 movies in your collection

Movies by Category

Horror: 449
Action/Adventure: 157
Comedy: 101
Sci-Fi/Fantasy: 61
Animation: 44
Drama: 36
Thriller/Crime: 16
Foreign: 15
TV: 9
Martial Arts: 7
Documentary: 5
Family/Kids: 4
Music: 2
Sports/Fitness: 2
Western: 2
War: 1



Movies By Format

DVD: 775
Blu-Ray: 111
Blu-Ray/DVD Combo: 17
Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Combo: 5
Blu-Ray 3D/DVD Combo: 3

So, there ya have it. In what should be a surprise to nobody, Horror took the win by a landslide. Some movies I had a bit of trouble accurately categorizing, and while only 4 are showing for Family/Kids, I actually have way more than that, most of them are just located in my kids room. The collection is forever growing, as I add anywhere from 2-4 movies per week on average.

2 comments:

end_is_nigh said...

So what is the app?

Mister Bones said...

It's an app in the android market that's simply called "Movie Manager", done by Zak Kubicek. There is a free version as well as a pay version. I went with free, but there are some nice features that come with the paid version, like being able to edit and make your own categories.