Monday, March 24, 2014

Infinite Playlist Oderus Urungus Memoriam

It's with a heavy heart today that I bring the Batcave out of retirement to remember Dave Brockie, better known as GWAR frontman Oderus Urungus. I've lived through my fair share of rock and roll deaths, including Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Peter Steele to name but a few. As a person who enjoys music as much as I do, some of these have hit me harder than others. I will never forget the day in high school when my friends and I got the news about Kurt Cobain. Last night, yet another voice that I've known, heard, and connected with for over 20 years, was silenced forever, and I've been bummed all day. Rest in peace, Dave. I wasn't ready for life without GWAR, music won't be the same without you...


1963-2014













No comments: