Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Upcoming Fin Flicks

We are rolling right along here at the Shark Week in the Batcave extravaganza. This year looks like it's going to be a good one for fin heads like myself, plenty of shark movies in the works. Here's just a few of what we have to look forward to...

Looks like not even Halle Berry is safe in the water. This one looks like it might be a bit of a snoozer based on the only trailer released so far, but that won't be stopping me from checking it out once it's released.



This one I posted about earlier when the trailer first hit. It looks absolutely awful, but in that good way that most SyFy originals are. I'm such a sucker for these movies, and this one is sure to be even more over the top than usual. Shark vs Tank!



This one is the one that I'm the most unsure of. I'm really hoping it turns out to be good, but the trailer looks like the cast of an MTV show being chased by an underwater camera in a lake. I do like the angle of somebody setting the sharks loose on purpose, and that one scene in the trailer where the guy is being suspended and dipped in the water by a harness makes me think this one does show a little promise. We'll see how the final product turns out on September 2nd.




And finally, the one I'm the most excited about, Bait. A freak tsunami hits the Australian coast, causing massive flooding, leads to a group of survivors being trapped in a mostly submerged supermarket full of tiger sharks! How insane is that premise?! This could be the next Deep Blue Sea if it's done right. If the Aussies have proven nothing else, they've proven that they're perfectly capable of producing a solid shark flick. I have extremely high hopes for Bait.




There are a few others that I've read a bit about, Sand Sharks, which I've only seen a poster for thus far but the synopsis sounds like it might be cool, a bit of a Tremors vibe from it, a movie titled Snow Shark, which I've seen a trailer for and opted not to include in this post because as ridiculous as Super Shark is, Snow Shark somehow manages to look even stupider, and some other under the radar fare that I'm keeping an eye on. I'm always on the lookout for more though, so if you know of anything not on the list be sure and give me a head's up.

1 comment:

Lissa Lycan said...

I agree that Dark Tide looks pretty "eh"... I'm not much of a Halle Berry fan as is, but we'll see.

Super Shark looks just about ridiculous enough to be good. Probably be pretty funny. I'm sure you'll end up buying it for the cover art, if nothing else. :p

Shark Night does look a little MTV-ish from the trailer, but I'm hoping it will be one of those that surprises me. Maybe the trailer just leaves more to the imagination and the movie will turn out ok? We can hope.

And Bait 3D I'm also pretty excited about. Thanks for telling me about that one, we'll have to watch that one together as well. I had no idea there were so many shark flicks coming out, but the more the merrier! :)