Friday, June 17, 2011

Mister Bones' Friday Night Drive-In


Rolling out a new weekly post here in the Batcave! I've recently discovered that Youtube has become a treasure-trove of public domain classic horror and sci-fi movies. It was actually my father, who is a Youtube junkie himself, that brought it to my attention and inspired the Friday Night Drive-In. The title says it all, every Friday night at 7pm I will post a full length public domain horror or sci-fi movie for your viewing pleasure. Just from my browsing what was available, it looks like this could run for a while. The movies themselves are mostly of the "B" variety, but that's perfectly ok with me, as they're sometimes the most fun to watch. Especially when they come from the 50's and 60's.

That being said, the best of the bunch is anything but a b-movie and should be considered a classic by horror and non-horror movie fans alike. Pop some popcorn and get ready for George Romero's zombie masterpiece, the original Night of the Living Dead...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this idea! I can't wait to follow this every Friday :D Great thinking!